Fraser Consulting is looking for a mid-level freelance marketer who can support our own business’s brand development and marketing, as well as support marketing across a few large projects over the next couple months. This is a part-time role, estimated at about 1.5 – 2 days per week, from September to November 2020 (with the potential to be extended).
Experience working within the start-up ecosystem is preferable, or working with impact-focussed brands or projects.
Who we are
Fraser Consulting is a results-focussed team who delivers high-impact programmes and projects for our clients, who are largely international development funders. Our projects and programmes support and grow early-stage businesses and ecosystems, both locally in South Africa and across Africa.
What the role will entail
- Digital strategy and implementation: Strategic direction to promote our work, build our digital presence, and support our clients’ marketing strategies.
- Content creation and community building: social media content planning, creation and implementation – both for our brand and for our programme brands.
- Campaign design and management: To recruit participants for programmes, or to promote specific activities/ work pieces.
- Newsletters, infographics, press releases or other marketing materials for our brand or programmes.
The marketer would work closely with Fraser Consulting project managers and partners to develop content. Ideally, you would be comfortable creating images/ doing basic design work, but we do have graphic designers that can support content creation.
- At least 3 years of experience: all-rounder with digital, content and strategy experience
- Reliable Wifi and your own computer
- Highly organised, independent worker, comfortable working across multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills – comfortable writing and designing marketing content
- Proficiency with online tools – Zoom, Asana, Google Drive and Slack
- Proficiency with Canva (or Adobe suite), MailChimp, Social media management tools, and WordPress.
- You will be expected to sign a SLA with Fraser Consulting which will detail the scope of work and payment.
Budget: R8- 12k (ex VAT) per month depending on experience.
Depending on volume of new work and team fit, this part-time role may be extended, or a full time contract made available.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV, cover letter and examples of your work/ client references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 7 September 2020.